Posts : 1012
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2010-02-10
Age : 41
|Subject: How to Have Great Communication Skills as an Employee 14/11/2010, 9:16 pm|| |
How to Have GreatCommunication Skills as an Employee
This article details the how-to ofcommunicating effectively with a customer, which is somewhat of a lost art. Ifyou truly want to impress your boss and keep your customers, here is what youdo. Steps
1. 1Smile.When a customer walks in, smile a true smile. People can tell when you havejust passed one on.
2. 2Usekind greetings. Greet the customer in kind manner, using "Ma'am"or "Sir".
3. 3Askthe customer how they are. Ask how they are and be interested in what theysay. If they talk for half an hour about their dead kitty, listen and expresssympathy. If they say fine, continue with step four.
4. 4Askhow you can help them. Ask "How can I help you?" or "Howmight I be of service today?" Do not ask "What do you want?" asthis can be considered rude.
5. 5Whenthey express their need, promptly begin on that task.
6. 6Ifthis task requires you leave for more than a few minutes, assure the customerthat you will be back, but that their task might take a few minutes.
7. 7Offerthe waiting customers some form of entertainment: a magazine, children'stoys, some paper and writing utensils, or a brochure about your business.
8. 8Completethe task quick and properly. Accomplish the task as quickly as possible,especially if the customer has brought children. Nothing ruins a day likesitting somewhere while your children run around like nuts.
9. 9Thankyour customer. Thank your customer and ask again if there is anything youcan assist them with.
10. 10Bidyour customer goodbye.Tips
- Always be kind and happy, this makes the customer kind and happy.
- If you're not helping anyone at the moment and you see a customer standing around, ask them if they need your help.